2020 Rider Guide
How To Participate
Register For Your Event
This year’s event is a 100% fully supported charity ride to raise funds for children in our community in need of mentorship, school supplies and food. During registration you will learn about each of these programs and be given the choice of whom your dollars will benefit.
* Virtual Rider registration is $150 and includes the fundraising minimum.
Each registrant is required to fundraise or donate at least $150, but those who go above and beyond will get some amazing benefits with Emmitt Smith!
Once you get registered, you will be instructed how to create your own fundraising page and set your personal fundraising goal.
Join us on Saturday, September 12 at Southfork Ranch, for a great ride, a huge afterparty and an amazing experience. See Emmitt Smith and ride along side the pros!
September 12, 2020
Due to heavy volume, please plan to arrive early so you have adequate time to park and prepare for the ride.
5:30 AM: Race Day Packet Pickup
6:45 AM: Riders begin staging, VIP tent opens and activities begin
7:30 AM: Gran Fondo//94-mile starts, followed by Medio Fondo//58-mile, Piccolo Fondo//41-mile and Ride 22//22-mile
8:00 AM: Family ride starts
9:00 AM: Signature cocktails provided by Herradura and beer provided by Andrews Distributing. See the animals at Southfork Ranch, tour the grounds of “Dallas”, visit the Dallas Mansion and take your photos with J.R.!
11:00 AM: Food available for all riders. Enjoy Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and Fletcher’s Corny Dogs along with drinks and snacks provided by Tom Thumb.
12:00 PM: Presentation of the Emmitt Smith Gran Fondo and TEAM 22 fundraising awards
2:00 PM: Courses closed
2:30 PM: All courses cleared
3:00 PM: Venue closed
We will ride rain or shine with Rider and Volunteer safety as a first priority. We reserve the right to close courses early or alter distance based on safety of the Riders and Volunteers due to weather related circumstances. Please note there will be no refunds in the event of a weather cancellation.
Southfork Ranch, Parker, TX
3700 Hogge Drive, Parker, TX 75002
- Take US Highway 75/Central Expressway North to Exit #30, Parker Road.
- Take a right and travel east on Parker Road for approximately 5.5 miles.
- You will reach the intersection of FM 2551 South (also known as Hogge Road or Murphy Road), where you’ll take a right.
- Southfork will be immediately on your left.
- Volunteer Parking – Entrance through gate 5
- Event Parking – Entrance through gate 4 and gate 5
Rural and scenic route that crosses Lake Lavon and extends into some great country roads.
- Rules of the road apply.
- Road and hybrid bikes are recommended.
- All riders are subject to pre-determined cutoffs for the safety of all riders. Please consult the timing table for guidance.
- All Emmitt Smith Gran Fondo courses close at 2:00 PM, after that time no official support will be provided.
- Gran Fondo//94-mile and Medio Fondo//58-mile routes are capped at 600 participants each.
- There will be multiple Emmitt Smith Gran Fondo rest stops along every route. Once finalized the rest stops will be listed on the Emmitt Smith Gran Fondo website and communicated to participants.
- Riders that disobey the rules of the road are subject to be removed from the event at the discretion of the ride officials, the race director, and police officers present.
- Winner take all prize. First rider to cross the finish line will receive the $10K cash award.
- All eligible riders must have an Emmitt Smith Gran Fondo – Emmitt Smith Gran Fondo issued timing tag by Racing Systems, be registered for the Gran Fondo // 94-mile route and have an Emmitt Smith Gran Fondo issued bib number.
- All eligible riders must reach mile 38 by 10:00 AM or they will be diverted to the cutoff route.
- To be eligible the winner must cross all timing checkpoints.
- To be eligible the winner must match registered participant and present Government issued ID to confirm identity.
- UCI Road competition that apply will be enforced. To review UCI Road competition guidelines, click here.
- All riders are subject to random anti-doping testing by a contracted 3rd agency.
- No motorized, electric, or assisted bicycles will be permitted on the Gran Fondo route.
- Neutral water and wheel support will be provided to the lead group. No team support or follow cars are permitted. Riders aided by non-Emmitt Smith Gran Fondo support will disqualify a rider from being eligible to win the cash prize.
- Only the lead group will be secured by a rolling enclosure. Emmitt Smith Gran Fondo officials designated to govern the ride will determine what is considered the “lead group.” A rider falling outside the rolling enclosure MUST obey rules of the road.
- The Yellow Line rule can and will be enforced at the official’s discretion at anytime where it is determined necessary for rider safety. An official can and will remove riders from the lead group if they feel like a rider is compromising the safety of the group. At that point the rider will be subject to the rules of the road and no longer eligible for the cash prize.
- Family Fondo will be capped at 100 participants.
- Children must be at least four years old to participate
- Children’s bikes, rear axle mounted or rear seat/stay (tag along) bikes will be allowed on the Family and Ride 22//22-mile routes only.
Plan Your Trip
From Frisco – 18.5 miles, 33 minutes
From Dallas – 28.3 miles, 37 minutes
From Dallas Love Field – 28.3 miles, 43 minutes
From DFW Airport – 36.9 miles, 38 minutes
From Fort Worth – 59.9 miles, 1 hour, 2 minutes