- Rules of the road apply
- Road and hybrid bikes are recommended
- All riders are subject to pre-determined cutoffs for the safety of all riders. Please consult the timing table for guidance
- All Emmitt Smith Gran Fondo (ESGF) courses close at 2:00 PM, after that time no official support will be provided
- 100-mile and 100K routes are capped at 600 participants each
- There will be multiple ESGF run rest stops along every route. Once finalized the rest stops will be listed on the ESGF website and communicated to participant
- Riders that disobey the rules of the road are subject to be removed from the event at the discretion of the police officers present
The event and the start/finish of the race takes place on September 30, 2017 at the Rough Riders Stadium, 7300 Roughriders Trail, Frisco, TX 75034.
- Race Entry with Race Bib
- Finisher medal
- Post Race Party with a Beer Garden
- Family Activities
- Food and Entertainment
|Until 1/31||Until 3/31||Until 5/31||Until 9/29||Race Day 9/30|
|Cigna Family Ride
*Children must be at least 4 years old to participate
*Please note there is no Race Day registration for the 100-mile route.
All Routes (100-Mile, 100K, 45-Mile and 22-Mile
100-mile Gran Fondo cash $10,000 award
- Winner take all prize. First rider to cross the finish line will receive the $10K cash award.
- All eligible riders must have an Emmitt Smith Gran Fondo - ESGF issued timing tag by Racing Systems, be registered for the Gran Fondo 100-mile route and have an ESGF issued bib number.
- All eligible riders must reach the dam cutoff at mile 38 by 10:00 AM or they will be diverted to an 80 mile cutoff route.
- To be eligible the winner must cross all timing checkpoints.
- To be eligible the winner must match registered participant and present Government issued ID to confirm identity.
- UCI Road competition that apply will be enforced. To review UCI Road competition guidelines click here.
- All riders are subject to random anti-doping testing by a contracted 3rd agency.
- No motorized, electric, or assisted bicycles will be permitted on the 100-mile route.
- Neutral water and wheel support will be provided to the lead group. No team support or follow cars are permitted. Riders aided by non-ESGF support will disqualify a rider from being eligible to win the cash prize.
- Only the lead group will be secured by a rolling enclosure. ESGF officials designated to govern the ride will determine what is considered the “lead group.” A rider falling outside the rolling enclosure MUST obey rules of the road.
- The Yellow Line rule can and will be enforced at the official's discretion at anytime where it is determined necessary for rider safety. An official can and will remove riders from the lead group if they feel like a rider is compromising the safety of the group. At that point the rider will be subject to the rules of the road and no longer eligible for the cash prize.
Cigna Family Ride Registration
- Cigna Family Ride will be capped and free for the first 100 participants
- 2.2-miles around RoughRiders ballpark
- 30-minute ride with unlimited laps
- Children must be at least four years old to participate
- Children’s bikes, rear axle mounted or rear seat/stay (tag along) bikes will be allowed on the Family and 22-mile routes only post-ride family activities in the Cigna tent and in the Kids Zone
TEAM 22 VIP Tent
Members of TEAM 22 that meet their fundraising minimum will have access to the TEAM 22 VIP tent at the venue. The tent will include free upgraded food and beverages, additional seating and a chance to mingle with Emmitt Smith.